Sunday, December 27, 2009

The past couple months....

have been SO busy!!!

But that is no excuse. I know I haven't blogged in almost two months, which defeats the purpose of even having a blog, so I have vowed to myself from here on out to be a faithful blogger, starting tonight! I figure that if my sister can do it, with two 1 year olds, surely I can blog too, even if I'm always tired ;)

For November, here is the list of good/exciting things that happened to the Wallstrom family.

1. I had a baby appointment around 12 weeks, and the report said baby was very healthy and growing prefectly.

2. My best friends flew down here (and surprised me) the weekend that New Moon came out!

3. We saw New Moon, and it was AMAZING!

4. Thanksgiving was fun,so many things to be thankful for! Even though I could only manage to eat some of the incredible food my mom cooked, it didn't seem to matter too much.



December's recap:

On the 3rd, I flew out to Washington DC to visit my sister and nephews. The trip was so much fun, I can honestly say I enjoyed every minute of it. I got a taste of what a MAJOR responsibility twins are, and I respect Kim and Brandon so much for the wonderful, patient parents they are. Jack and Cullen kept me very busy, but it was a great distraction from constantly thinking about how sick I have been. When I was out there, all I cared about was playing with my nephews and making them laugh. There was a lot of laughing!!

Kim and I flew back on the 8th with the boys, while Brandon stayed behind to take his finals at law school. Once we got back, time started to fly by as we all knew it would. For our family, time with Kim and the boys is precious, which always makes it go by too quickly.



I had another appointment on the 17th, and it was the funniest one yet! We were told at our last appointment that even though I was only between 16-17 weeks, there was a chance that we might be able to find out the sex of the baby (if its position was good enough). Of course Jon and I were really excited when we heard this! My sister Kim told me it might be a good idea to drink a big glass of orange juice the morning of my appoinment, because it might help the baby to be awake and active for the ultrasound. So I took her advice and gulped down a giant size glass before we left. So anyways, we get in to do the ultrasound and... apparently I drank a tiny bit too much juice because the baby wouldn't stop moving! The doctor and the ultrasound technician couldn't get a clear look at anything because the baby kept moving (flaring actually) its arms and legs everytime they would touch my stomach. It was a funny 5 minutes for everyone in the room, including my mom, who was happy just to be there.

So they couldn't give us a sure answer, but as my doctor was leaving the room, she said she thinks there's a 60% chance it's a girl. Haha, we will have to wait until Jan. 14th to find out for sure! Oh yea, I was also told my baby is hyperactive, I took that as a compliment and I blame it on the orange juice.

Here are the pictures from the last appointment, they are so cute!



By the way, that white thing sticking up in the first picture is the chord!



The baby was staring right at the camera a lot of time, it melted my heart. Jon was speechless too, watching our baby do water arobics for 5 minutes was a movie we could have watched all day! I can't wait until I can feel something! We also found out that the baby's position is with its head at the top of my stomach and its feet at the bottom. In conclusion, most of the time the baby is standing straight up, tap dancing on my bladder. It makes prefect sence with the amount of times everyday that I'm on the toilet :)