Monday, March 8, 2010

My Husband....

is SO funny! Our personalities just click and I love it! He took a nap on the couch tonight while I was watching The Bachelor - Jason and Molly's Wedding.... and when he woke up he got this rare burst of energy and made me laugh for a hour straight. He doesn't even mean to be funny, but I love his sense of humor about my pregnancy. For some reason when we got in bed we started looking at breastfeeding information.. and some of the techniques out there are just plain weird! Anyways, that discussion was interesting and it was funny to get a guy's perspective. But after our research, I got hungry. That's a more common occurrence lately, it usually happens around 10pm. I want to go to sleep, but all I can think about is having a giant bowl of cereal. Jon has made my cereal eating one of his favorite jokes these past couple months and tonight was no exception. Every time we go to the store we both pick out the cereal we want/can agree on, but lately his cereal has been disappearing before he can even have 1 bowl. whoopsies. Anyways, my mom bought him two boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch for his birthday because he casually mentioned to her that he hasn't had a bowl of it in SUCH a long time because I always eat it before he can get to it. Whatever. So tonight he realized that I'd already made it through 3/4 of one of the boxes (in 1 day), which gave him permission to make fun of me. But I was really craving it tonight... so when I brought back a bowl of it into bed he freaked out when he saw the size (usually he's asleep by my 11pm feeding). Well this is how the conversation went:

Jon: " Geese is this what you've been eating every night Large Marge? You might as well put that in the tub and eat it out of there!!"
Me: " Well it's easier if I just get one giant bowl instead of having to get seconds"
Jon: " Right I mean it's not like our kitchen is 5 feet away so I can see why you wouldn't want to get up again"
Me: "Well I've seen people have bigger bowls of cereal than this!"
Jon: "Who? Jenny Craig ..."

Probably not funny to anyone else.. but the way he says things just cracks me up. He always makes me feel better about being pregnant and I know that's why he likes to make me laugh.
Love comes in so many forms, laughter is definitely one of ours.