Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I finally gave in....

I decided that since I'm...... pregnant, it's going to be WAY too difficult to keep everyone (especially those who live in states starting with W) updated on everything going on in my (and baby's) life, so here I am, blogging. Hopefully this will help.
I found out that I was pregnant last wednesday. It was just your classic case I guess. I woke up at 4:30am with a horrible stomach ache and a bladder that felt even more lovely, but this had been going on for about a week and a half , while I was in denial that I could actually be the p word. But that morning I just had a feeling. So I decided it was time to take that beautiful blue test (honestly not prepared for what my eyes were about to see). Backing up a little bit, I have to admit that Jon and I weren't trying for this. The funniest part is that just a few weeks ago we were driving home talking about our well thought out, master "plan" for the next year. I'm pretty sure the word baby was not present in that conversation. But if it's one thing I've figured out this week it's this, that was our plan, not the Lord's.
Anyways, it's supposed to take about 3 minutes for the results, but I looked at it about 20 seconds later and it was staring at me with one word. Pregnant. I bet you're dying to know what my first thought was. I think it went kinda like this.... "It's wrong, no wait kim told me that they are never wrong if it's positive, but this one could be, big belly, this means I'm gonna be getting my blood drawn? (I'm deathly afraid of needles), big belly, well I guess I know why all I want is cheeseburgers, big belly, Jon might just pass out, big big belly, what did he do to me?!")
Of course I had a smile on my face too along with good thoughts.... but it was pretty unexpected ;) I did tell Jon that morning and as I tossed the test at him while having a minor panic attack (I couldn't get any words out), he calmy took it in the bathroom, came back in the room and said, "everything is going to be ok baby". I love him.

Growing up I was always the one carrying around as many dolls as I could hold, feeding them, changing their diapers, putting them in timeout, and I remember always sneaking into the bathroom with a pillow so I could stuff it up my shirt and see what I would look like pregnant. I was way too young to be doing this, and I'm weird... but I think I've always been a mom at heart. But I must say that morning sickness was not in my fairytale pregnancy ;)
It's going to be a crazy ride from here, but I'm ready to not be ready for the adventures of pregnancy/motherhood. This baby is nothing but a gift from God, and I feel extremely grateful that He is blessing Jon and I with this gift. We are young, but we are in God's hands and that is all I need to know.
I will post pictures when I start to see a little bump, right now all I'm seeing is a not so little rump and some pudge in the front where my favorite jeans are enjoying their last month of wearability. I might just have to blog a goodbye to them soon.
Goodbye body, hello baby!

Oh and I am about 7 weeks along right now, maybe a little more but I will find out when I have my first baby doctor appt. next week.
But I read last night that the baby is about the size of a large rasberry/some kind of olive lol.
Precious baby I love her/him already!