Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Today was.....

A GREAT day!!!!!!



I have been so nervous for the past couple weeks (my poor husband), wondering if the baby was ok, if the baby was even real. I'm a really visual person, so it was important for me to actually see the baby to be able to reassure myself that everything is ok. But this morning Jon and I experienced something together that we will NEVER forget. We, husband and wife, got to see our baby's heart beat for the first time. I had of course pictured what this moment would be like even when Jon and I were dating, but it was so much better than I imagined it to be. Not only was I relieved to see the heart beating so fast and so strong, but I was caught in such a rare moment with God at the same time. I was so in awe that He has given us a this tiny life growing inside of me. I will never look at a heartbeat the same way again. I will always think of that moment. God is so good and His beauty is in everything, including heartbeats!




We also found out that I'm not as far along as we were originally told . Our rasberry is actually more like a grain of white (or brown) rice! I'll be seven weeks on friday, so my new due date is June 4th. I was a little disappointed when she told me this because I was hoping to be done with the plague (morning sickness) as I like to call it, a little sooner, but it might not be leaving me for a while longer ;) Although, this morning gave me a new attitude, I dont care if I'm puking up until the moment I go into labor, this baby is SO worth it. I'm already in love with our little Wallstrom, and already wayyyyy too anxious to meet her/him. Patience Renee!

Well here is what you all have been waiting for, our little rice getting his/her first picture taken....









I thought the baby was going to be too small to see, but this picture is so great and it makes me excited because they are only going to get better! The whole time Jon was looking at the screen he had a huge smile on his face, which made the moment even sweeter! The baby is so tiny, but yet the heartbeat looked huge, it was amazing.

Goodbye nervousness, hello beautiful baby's heartbeat!