I'm moved into my SIXTH month of pregnancy, and although sometimes I feel like I have to wait way too long to meet this baby, looking back I feel like I just looked at the pregnancy test yesterday. I have my sixth month appointment on the 11th and I'm feeling good about everything! The sickness seems to be fading little by little as the baby (and my stomach) grows. And whatever they say about energy coming back in the second trimester is finally coming true for me. Praise the Lord. I can make dinner again without feeling like I just ran a marathon! Jon is thankful for this too :)
As I'm writing this the baby is reminding me of some pretty exciting news.... I can feel her kick now!!!! It's taken me until this point to really feel anything because I have an anterior placenta. It acts like a pillow which made it hard to feel the baby, but now that she weighs a pound or a little over, her legs and arms have gotten pretty strong!
I think it started a few weeks ago, but so gently that I was hesitant to exclaim to everyone that it might be a kick! But now, I'm definitely sure and it is one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced. Her flips/kicks/stretches seem to happen either a. at church when someone is talking/singing with a microphone or b. when I'm just laying on my back resting or watching tv. This week it's been happening so often, but each time I get so excited and if Jon is with me he tries to feel it from the outside but I think we have another month or so till that happens. Anyways, that is my bit of exciting news. I'm just so thankful that the baby is healthy so far. So many moms-to-be have complications throughout their whole pregnancy, and I feel extremely thankful to be so healthy and to know that b.w. is feeling the same.
Last week Jon and I went to Babies R' Us to register, and I'm not going to lie, it gave me chills to be there with the love of my life, picking out things we are going to use for our baby. It made everything that much more real. The funny part was that he dragged his feet all the way into the store, thinking he wasn't going to enjoy looking at "girly" things. But once we got in their and the employee gave him the scanner, let's just say he had more fun than he thought he would. He was a little beep happy, scanning everything he insisted we would need. I let him of course because he was so darn cute during the whole trip, and the look on his face reassured me of how excited he is to wrap his little girl in all the pink blankets we registered for!
Jon at 6:45 : "Babe, I'm really tired and I just don't want to be here all night so don't be mad if I do this quickly."
Me at 8:20: "Babe, I'm really tired and my back is starting to hurt so don't be mad if I take the scanner out of your hands now."
=)
The only downside to being in that store for so long was seeing all the other pregnant women there, ALL of which I was sure were going to go into labor while shopping! I had to stop myself and Jon from staring more than one time!
They were all so extremely pregnant, swollen ankles and all.... and it made me a little scared for the inevitable changes that are going to take place in me very soon. I'm obviously to the point (pictures are coming) where people can tell I'm pregnant. I only know this because my family is saying so, when a month or two ago they were saying it just looked like I ate a dozen donuts for dinner, so I know they only tell me the truth! Point being, I'm not looking forward to the waddling I saw that night. But hey, the bigger the waddle, the closer I am to getting b.w. out of my stomach and into my arms! Hallelujah!