Granted, I had none of this when we found out Kim was having twin boys, I went absolutely crazy with the shopping! Although in my defense, Jon was on deployment and shopping for the babies became therapy. Anyways, my point is that I have decided to be smart about what I spend money on for bw. After all, everyone in my life has already been so generous as far as giving me FREE baby things that Jon and I otherwise couldn't afford to have. And we haven't even had any showers yet! My sister Kim gave me what seems like countless necessities for the baby, and she just handed them over with such a giving heart. Jon and I are so thankful because now we don't have to stress about buying things like a crib, bath, bjorn, sling ect,. The fact that she had two of everything definitely benefits us, and like she says, these basic items can be used over and over again for all of our babies! Hopefully Kim will have a girl next so that we can be just as generous to her and Brandon as they have been to us!
Finances have always been tight in the Wallstrom family (and many other military families), and with our little girl coming they have only gotten tighter. But it seems like the more we pray about our money and how we can be better stewards, the more God provides for us. Knowing that God is ultimately in control gives me so much comfort, and makes me EXTREMELY thankful for everything we have. I always joke about how broke we are, but compared to so many families, we are wealthy. It's so humbling to think about how much God has given us, simply because He loves us. The Devil uses any situation to try and make us feel unprepared for what's on the way, but thankfully we have the upper hand because God is already in control of this family!
No doubt this baby is already spoiled, but I feel more than spoiled, I feel loved and blessed.
Even though we are young and bound to make many wrong decisions as parents, I have so much peace about our baby coming because the Lord has His hands underneath and around us which is all I need to know. With this thought in mind, preparing for baby becomes such an easier task!!