Thursday, January 14, 2010

A beautiful morning

We had our 5 month appointment this morning, and the verdict is.....
It's a GIRL!!!! I know, how amazing!! I'm not going to lie, I am SO EXCITED we are having a girl! As my sisters have said, it's due time for a chica in this family. The fact that this girl is going to be incredibly spoiled just adds to the happiness! Although, as soon as we got in to have the ultrasound, I could have cared less what the sex was, I was just so happy to see such a healthy baby on the screen. Within the first 10 seconds the baby smiled at us and I lost it for a few seconds. I managed to pull it together though! Jon was in his own little world too, taking pictures and videos. The ultrasound technician felt bad that the machine wasn't reading our dvd (we weren't able to recored everything), so she printed extra photos for us to take home. She was so sweet to do this and we definitely didn't refuse them. She looked all around and did a bunch of different measurements for about 20 minutes, and the whole time the baby had her legs closed! We almost didn't get to find out because she couldn't get the baby to flip or open the legs. But after we saw my doctor (and after my mom bought me an orange juice from the coffee shop), we went back into the ultrasound room and within 30 seconds the baby had moved and she gave us the good news! Thank you baby for moving, I don't think I could have gone one more night not knowing ;)

This picture is of our beautiful girl's booty, and the back of her legs! You can guess what the arrow is pointing to! Is that not the cutest little buttttt you've ever seen?!!!