Our laptop/computer situation for the past 6 months has been horrible.
The laptop that Jon bought just a few years ago decided it was going to die on us. literally. The hard drive crashed a while ago and we figured out it was going to be more money to fix it than just to get another one. So, Jon bought a home computer from this guy at work, who told him it runs great and nothing is wrong with it. Yea, nothing if it were still 1997. The computer was so slow once we tried to use it, opening up one program took 5 minutes, then it would freeze. So that was a bust. Then, Jon bought a used laptop from one our friends, and it works fine (except you can't unplug it from the charger or it dies) and both clickers don't work. Meaning you can't click or right click on anything. But I could deal with that because we were using a mouse so it didn't matter. Then a couple months ago, the usb ports stopped working, so the portable mouse no longer worked :)
So..... after all this, we went to Best Buy a few nights ago, extremely frustrated and desperate for advice/guidance on what to do! I have always been a Windows girl myself, but after our horrible luck lately.... I was let's just say, hesitant to buy another laptop. The thought of another one breaking in the next couple years almost brings me to tears when I think of all the money we've already wasted.
So after a LONG discussion with the sales guy/manager/anyone who wanted to give us advice,
we decided to purchase a MAC!
Let me just say, even though it brought physical pain to my body when I had to swipe our debit card, there has been many sighs of relief since then!
We love this computer, and plan on keeping it for many years to come. One of the main reasons I like it so much (besides the fact that I can click on things) is because it has a webcam, so when the baby gets here... I can skype with my sister Kim in DC from our apartment. Since we will both be stay at home moms, I'm really looking forward to this! I want her to be a huge part of the baby's life, and I'm glad that she will at least be able to see her niece or nephew's growth!
I definitely feel like we actually made a really smart investment with this Mac!!!!
Welcome to the family MacBook Pro!